[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: "Phill Smith" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:44:32 +0800

I don't know who makes them commercially in the UK, but I do here in Oz. I
have seen very few good injectors (commercial and/or private), so I recomend
that you ask the supplier for a garrenteed operating pressure range for each
brand and size. If the manufacturer is interested in making a quality
product, then he will know what every injector of a particular size will
opperate between. This should not just be the "running pressure, but also
the "pick up" pressure.If they can't/won't give you that information, then
you quite simply know that they are supplying you with crap. As an example,
my 40oz, will pick up garrenteed at 15 psi and at 140 psi (I haven't tested
past 140 psi), but it will run down to around 10 psi. Many other
manufacturers claim 35 psi, but that is what it will run down to, not start
at. Starting may actually be much higher, say 45 to 50 psi.

You can expect the operating pressure range to decrease as the size
decreases, due to the greater losses from friction. Unfortunately you can't
scale these things.......

So please choose you brand carefully, and you will get the rewards. It may
delay you a week finding out the information, but it's worth it. It may also
cost you slightly more, but you have to decide if you want something that
works properly, or not.

Cheers,

Phill.