[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: Garry60030@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:54:10 EST

Alan,  I have had 4 or 5 different injectors from blackgates over a period of
about 6 years, but none for 2 years now and none of them worked.  Modelworks
seem to use the same part for their kits as everything is identical and theirs
does not work also.  I have been able to modify one to work occaisionaly but
that is all.  I have had 3 from Bruce Engineering and all worked first time
and continued to for about 18 months then no matter what they will not work
again.  I am on the lookout for a reliable one for 5" and 7 1/4" gauge at the
moment.
I know one of our club members bought one from Blackgates last month and had
no sucess with it.  I am waiting to see how he got on with a return.
Garry