[minima] Re: A New Approach

  • From: allison <ajp166@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 22:39:35 -0500

On 12/12/2014 09:16 PM, Joe Rocci wrote:
> Allison
>
> I can see where the required 27 mhz LO (high side injection) would
> land right on the 27 mhz image frequency, but I don't understand your
> math ( 22mhz _ 5mhz=27mhz range). Please explain.

VFO+  HFO to get LO injection +9mhz if.  Look at the spur table for that
its hideous.

Low side or 9mhz +9mhz  where the LO is (5+4mhz, or 14-5) is seriously bad.

SI570 would be the way maybe but that was a tube/transistor hybrid where
the
VFO and HFO are solid state and everything else glows.  There is
something to
be said for a pair of 6146s.

It was a test of can I do this.

Allison/KB1GMX