Re: any benefit to throwing off lua51 constraints?

  • From: steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:54:29 +0200

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Tim Mensch <tim-luajit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Regardless, once you DO have time, I think I at least would find your rant
> very interesting. :)

Same here. After all, we all do care what happens to Lua.  The big Lua 5.2
mistake was not deprecating features (it turned out we can live without
function environments) but breaking the C API.  And I can't see any really
good technical reason for doing so. That immediately made 5.2 adoption
conditional on people going to the trouble of rebuilding, and so on.