[lit-ideas] Re: health care

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:51:54 -0500

> >Judy, Teemu, Erin, John, anyone else outside of the US -- I'm curious --
> >what does a standard Doctor's office visit cost you, in U.S. dollars?
What
> >would a regimine of 10 days of amoxicillan run?   or a CAT scan?  ($1600
here for
> >a CAT skan of my daughter's ankle).  I'm interested in a  comparison of
fees
> >for pharaceudicals and physician services between the U.S.  and other
> >countries.
--------

Couldn't tell you.  I haven't been to a physician in years, save a quick
drop in to get some blood work done.  Whatever's wrong with me, if anything,
I don't want to know.  A doctor's office visit, to a physician at least,
doesn't cost you anything though.  The only doctors I think you have to pay
for are those overrated, uninsightful, useless psychiatric chumps.  All
prescriptions cost, but I wouldn't know how much.  My school covers
everything though (the whole nine years: physical, psychiatric, dental,
yadda yadda) so even if I had any inclination to go to a doctor it'd be
covered anyway.

Erin
Toronto