[lit-ideas] Re: health care

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:33:08 -0500

PS:"The cost of even a bargain basement insurance plan is
$168/employee/month."

We know a couple in which the husband was regional director for an
insurance company and the wife worked only sporadically and part time.
When he retired he had to paid for health insurance for both of them.
Currently he is paying $800/month.  They switched companies as most
insurance companies now have a 'formulary.'  This means that they will
cover certain medications and not others.  The company they were with did
not cover the only medication that worked for her.  Fortunately, they are
frugal enough and well to do enough to be able to afford it, at least for
now.

Veronica

DON'T.