[lit-ideas] Re: health care

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:04:36 +0000

Thursday, November 25, 2004, 9:08:57 PM, Paul Stone wrote:

>>The merit of our system is that the NHS covers everybody and any other
>>treatment/insurance is private and (almost always) separate from NHS
>>treatment and NHS premises; so there's a clear separation between NHS
>>provision, paid for by taxes and NI contributions, and private provision,
>>paid for separately and "privately".

PS> It's simply NOT economical to buy private health insurance in a company
PS> that is less than about 50 employees.

I wasn't suggesting you should do that.  Here some companies (a few, large)pay
for private health insurance for their employees, some (large, yes) can offer
their employees discounts on private health insurance they (the employees) pay
for, the rest don't do anything, their employees are covered by the NHS. Some
of those employees, and some others, take out private insurance. Most people
simply use the NHS.

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx