[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:20:44 -0400

Anyone who's ever done any job for a while, knows how easy it is to cut
corners.  A lifetime or two ago, I was a rate and route operator for the
telephone company in Chicago.  Two months into the job, I began rattling off
rates and routes from (near) memory.  I'm sure I mislead the odd person or two
or three or a hundred.  This, of course, didn't threaten anyone's life, and I'd
like to think if my laziness could have had more dire consequences, I would
have kept checking the books.  But I suspect that laziness creeps in
everywhere.  It's always seemed the grossest unfairness of our unfair lives
that we can all make the same mistakes and only some of us pay for them.
Being as lazy as I dare,
Ursula in North Bay

Marlena wrote:
Well, I always feel  vulnerable on a rollercoaster.  Always.  Of  course, I
was  born with trust issues...  I could never believe that the  people
looking at
the safety issues of such things actually either knew what   they were doing
or did it thoroughly each time they were supposed to  do  so...