[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:53:23 EDT

My (younger by 4 yrs) brother does Roller Coasters.  He was in a very  bad
car wreck 11 years ago and broke vertebrae in his neck.  And he *still*  does
roller coasters, whenever another higher faster one goes up, he's  there.  Even
though he *knows* he will be in physical agony for days  after.  I have never
understood the attraction.

He maanged to get me on one of the smaller ones when I was 20.  I  prayed the
entire time in terror, confessing my sins, certain I was going to  die.  When
the rattling (I think it's the noise more than anything else  that is
terrifying) was over and I got off the evil thing, I nearly passed  out.

On the other hand, those rides where you stand up against the insidie of a
cylinder and it spins, rises above the ground, spins sideways, and the
centrifugal force holds you to the wall....that I could do for hours on  end.

Julie Krueger
spinning