[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:30:03 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/2004 9:56:06 PM Central Daylight Time,  pas@xxxxxxxx
writes:
Do you  EVER feel remotely vulnerable on a
rollercoaster? NO! That's because you  are completely at the mercy of the
safety precautions that were taken to  ensure your safety and you have faith
in them.

Hi,
Well, I always feel vulnerable on a rollercoaster.  Always.  Of  course, I
was born with trust issues...  I could never believe that the  people looking
at
the safety issues of such things actually either knew what  they were doing
or did it thoroughly each time they were supposed to do  so...  I always
thought that people liked rollercoasters, though, because  they felt that they
were
cheating death.  (in some form or another--a bit  like Russian roulette, you
know...)

At the mercy of myself these days,
Marlena in Missouri