[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:04:13 -0500

Soldiers shouldn't be asked to decide.  That's the job of Congress.  My
definition of defensive is a clear attack, like Pearl Harbor.  In that case
most likely everyone would want to participate in some way anyhow.  9/11
was a terrorist attack by an organization, not a state.  I'm talking about
offensive or equival wars, like Vietnam or Iraq.  For those wars,
recruitment should be as I stated, everyone to the age of 70 with no
consideration given to age, sex, occupation or health status.

Andy Amago