[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:46:39 -0500

"Men believe in the truth of all that is seen to be strongly believed in."
Nietzsche.  That's from Alan Bullock's book Hitler and Stalin.  He's using
it to describe Hitler and means that if you repeat something long enough
and loud enough, it becomes true.  Just a coincidence that I'm using
Hitler.  I know Mike Chase compared you to him.  That's not what I'm doing
or intending.