[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 15:45:13 -0500

Sorry, Marlena, but to call soldiers "young ones" is to be clueless about
war and its atrocities.  It's worse than clueless.  Again not a coincidence
that it's the religious who are the most insensitive of what they're
sending their "young ones" to do.  Those nice boys, all dressed up in that
nice uniform, making the folks back home proud.  Who wants to know that
they beat captives short of death for stress relief?