[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:35:06 EDT

Hey, everyone.  Not to worry!  Syria and Iran are "working  together to
stabilize Iraq"!

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of
the end in Iraq  Date: 10/28/2006 8:11:53 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Andy:  Maybe we're all talked out about  Iraq.

Eric: I was merely trying to provide evidence that the army
isn't all used up and that you were overreacting to claim
that the army  was terminally degraded. If you read beneath
the lines, Pace was talking  about defending South Korea from
a North Korean attack.

I mentioned  defending South Korea in my post. However,
wanting one Asian nation to be  able to survive an attack
from another Asian nation strikes Andreas as  racist.

Forgot the (elided) chain of (let's call it) thought:
Andreas  thinks we can't win --> so I must be thinking for
General Pace and  believe we would resort to nukes ---> so I
relish nuking Asians --> so  I am a racist.

Point is that we wouldn't nuke North Korea unless it nuked
South Korea, and even then we would hesitate because of
China's  response. The only case where would unhesitatingly
nuke North Korea is if it  nuked us first. (I assume if North
Korea nuked Britain, France, or Russia,  those countries
would also  counterstrike.)