[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:49:15 -0700

General Grange had a brief outburst that seemed to surprise Dobbs. He said, "Half of the country seems to want us to lose this war! Why do we want to lose this war? We can win it if we want to."

It was remarkable. I found myself cheering for Grange. Dobbs too had a nod of recognizing a true statement, smiling and shaking his head in agreement.

There's a minor problem with this theory. Namely, reality. Asides from that, it's a great theory.

The problem is that most of the killing is being done by... our side. The Shiites, who control the government, are slaughtering the Sunni. It's not that we're "losing" the war, but rather, our side is creating a bigger war.

We should train more Iraqi govt troops? So they can kill even more people?

The war is over. Eric, you can breath a sigh of relief. Hell, no, you're not
going.

However... W's got his beady eyes on North Korea...

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com