[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:10:49 -0400

He's saying, basically, that we regressed ourselves to WWII style options.
That's ironic since we seem to be stuck in WWII spiritually.  One wonders
why they're doing multiple rotations of the same troops.  Blaming the media
is the old stand by when things don't go well.  Don't blame the planning,
don't blame the execution.  Blame the media.  Kind of reduces the mighty
U.S. military to think that 3-1/2 years later it's defeated by the media,
don't you think?  Fun fact: Clinton was served about 1,000 subpoenas during
his presidency.  Bush was served with not one subpoena.  Likewise, still
not one hearing on this war.  But if the media is to blame then there
wouldn't be any need for hearings, would there?