[lit-ideas] Re: On the prospect of World Peace

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:07:51 -0400

Lawrence Helm wrote:

"I know of three people who seem to claim to be or give evidence of
being true pacifists: Phil Enns, Austin Meredith, and Mike Geary."

I haven't a clue what a 'true' pacifist is, but I doubt I would qualify
as one.  Given that violence comes in so many different shapes and
forms, I am not at all certain that it is possible to articulate a
'true' pacifist position, much less live it.  I hold pacifist beliefs
but these beliefs are nuanced and not anything like your account of
pacifism, which seems to me to be fairly obviously a caricature.
Furthermore, I doubt the Skipper would want to be lumped into the same
category as me.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON