[lit-ideas] Re: On the prospect of World Peace

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:40:37 +0100

There's downsides wherever you look, not least is the greed for power. And of course the more power, the more greed.

I'd like to think that politics could be spread thinly and that those at the top would be in possession of a minimal set of powers. I certainly don't think that the 'jackboot' version is a necessity, although it's always a danger.

Of more importance, to my mind, is the ability to disperse economic power before any attempt to centralise politics. If households could be made as close to energy self-sufficiency as possible (to take an example), then the ability to subvert political power through economic power would be minimised.

Just a few what I thinks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>