[lit-ideas] Re: Grade inflation

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:12:18 +0900

On 2004/04/12, at 20:56, Steven G. Cameron wrote:

> What, therefore, is the value, of the grading
> procedure??

To, as I tell my business students, to accustom them to a fact of life,
that they and their work will be evaluated by people with different
perspectives and values. Bosses and clients may try to be fair, rules
may constrain their judgments, but at the end of the day it comes down
to their judgments. It is wise, therefore, to be meticulous and to
perform as credibly as possible.

John L. McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.
55-13-202 Miyagaya, Nishi-ku