[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:47:41 EST

I have a sheltie.  I had completely sworn off dogs after the last two  evil
ones that came my way (the doby/hound mix we rescued from someone who used  him
for hunting and beat him; he turned out to be profoundly aggressive, biting
everyone) and my step-daughter's pit/lab mix (we called her destructo-dog -- I
 lost more pairs of shoes to that animal....), but my folks' Sheltie died
after  15 years and they missed him so much they bought Lucy (well, they bought
two  shelties -- male & female, Desi & Lucy).  Desi ran into the road  and got
hit.  Lucy drove them nuts because she's, well, wired .....not the  sedate
thing their previous sheltie was.  I fell in love with her.....sweet
personality, mischievous, incredibly curious, beautiful markings...very  loyal.
 Trots
around after me from room to room and cuddles with me if I'm  not feeling well.

But if any other person walks into the house she turns  into instant
tazmanian devil -- I swear she's part rabbit or cat or mountain  goat -- she
has
springs in all four legs and leaps from one piece of furniture  to the next.
She's
not yet a year old, so I trust this adolescent  behaviour will eventually
leave <g>.  When I was a kid we had Collies  -- when we were very little we
used
to ride on their backs like horses.   Shelties are a compromise....

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic
Schools  Date: 2/16/06 5:29:20 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You have a Sheltie!

Aw, I miss my  Sheltie.