[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:47:09 -0500

Judy, re: corporal punishment in school, "Here they tend to be suspended pending legal or internal disciplinary action."

So I take it that you guys think it is a bad thing?

When I was doing time at Caveman Fireside High School, we had lots of corporal punishment. No cops in the school. Quiet classrooms. Teachers respected. No complaints from parents (granted, I don't know whether they were punished for complaining) or law suits.

Of course the student population at Caveman Fireside was fairly homogeneous, and after graduation, students tended to go as far away as possible.