[lit-ideas] Re: Do You Have a Moral Urgency?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:03:47 -0400

In other words, philosophy doesn't concern itself with empirical things,
otherwise known as reality.  From a moral perspective, we don't need to
worry about reality.  Sounds good.  Maybe that's why we're doing as well as
we're doing in Iraq, because we don't worry about little things like
reality and consequences.  But then we don't worry about morality either
except to point our big fingers at the other guy who's 100% wrong while
we're 100% right.