[lit-ideas] Re: Do You Have a Moral Urgency?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:59:39 -0400

I remember once years ago during the Cold War seeing the movie Siberiad in
a theater in NY.  I loved that movie.  I walked out of it at the end, it's
like 3 hours long, thinking, how can anyone hate those people?  I tried
getting it on video and the quality was so poor I couldn't watch it.  Maybe
on DVD it might be better, but it could never match the original experience
on the big screen, even on my 65 inch TV.  Maybe some day we'll say that
about those A-rabs, how can we hate those people?