[lit-ideas] Re: Do You Have a Moral Urgency?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:06:06 -0400

>>"We didn't mean to" is a mantra that is frequently recited in Israel when there is a discussion of the number of civilians - among them many children - who are killed by the
Israel Defense Forces.

Here's an easy way to assess that phony moral equivalence.

Next time the Hez attacks, Israel should launch hundreds of thousands of mass-produced Katyusha Rockets into Lebanon.

When people die from them?

To paraphrase: More than anyone, Arabs should understand
Israel's claims that this was "unintended,"
identify with the primacy they attach to the
"unintendedness" relative to the fatal results, and
identify with the disjunction they create between the
rationale that is inherent in the war machine Israel has
built and the nation's subjective will.

Eric

[with mandolins in the background]

"Raz vitaly ya bloony eegroshy