[lit-ideas] Re: Do You Have a Moral Urgency?

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:26:32 -0700

Phil,

I read someplace in the past few months, probably more than one 'someplace,'
that in Europe attempts to oppose Islamist aggressiveness are invariably
denounced as "racism."  If you oppose too vehemently anything the Islamists
are doing in Europe then you are a racist.  This has the effect of moving
the discussion away from the threat of the Islamists and to the person
concerned about the threat -- that is, his presumed racism -- much as is
happening on this thread.

Lawrence