[lit-ideas] Re: Can't have a gun? Get a dog

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:38:40 -0400

JK: I still don't know if Indian families keep dogs as domesticated pets?

My best friend in childhood was an Indian and his family had a German Shepherd named "Queenie". She had the same birthday as me. She was a very nice dog. We used to use her to retrieve the tennis ball when we were playing road hockey. Somehow, she knew that anything between the nets was off limits, but as soon as it went past either goal, she ran like the wind and brought it back for us. She lived a long life, got fat and then one day, remarkably, after living in the same neighbourhood for 15 years, got hit by a car. Maybe she got dogalzheimers and forgot about the cars.

paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx