[lit-ideas] Re: Can't have a gun? Get a dog

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:08:59 -0700

On Jun 1, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

<x-tad-bigger>You may be misjudging Buddy.  What you describe is what any well-trained guard dog should do.
</x-tad-bigger>

I understand the concept, but somehow I can't put "well-trained" and this particular Buddy together in my head.

As for Paul's idea, surely there's a business here; the "quick sharpener before we eat" dog, the canapes and cucumber sandwiches dog, Fido with the filets, Perry with the peas, Bisou with the tarte aux fruits... We're told that skiing is in decline. Perhaps ski cuisine is the next big thing?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon