[lit-ideas] Re: Can't have a gun? Get a dog

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:55:07 -0400

At 08:48 PM 6/2/2006, you wrote:

Paul Stone wrote:

Sometimes it DOES. Some very big, strong, alpha dogs need to get their ass kicked by the owner before the deference happens. If you ever see a well behaved pit-bull terrier or a rotty, chances are their owners DID kick their ass when they were younger, but still big.

It's entirely possible that they did but there's no dog you need to train that way. If you think you do, for whatever reason, you know nothing about dog training (or you've got a really bad specimen of whatever breed you're working with).

It's simply false that 'big, strong alpha dogs need to get their ass kicked by the owner before the deference happens.'

"Okay"

said the big dog in deference to the alpha dog.

Paul

p.s. I know virtually nothing about dogs, but I did used to walk a pit bull -- he dragged me through a field once but I hung on and regained control. Perhaps he trained me.

_________________ [insert pithy quote here] Paul Stone pas@xxxxxxxx Leamington, ON. Canada