[lit-ideas] Re: Can't have a gun? Get a dog

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:48:36 -0700

Ah, so that's what you meant.  Well, what I said wasn't a strawman.  It was
to show the absurdity of Andreas statement. I intended a reduction ad
absurdum.  Viz. If you don't need to show a dominant dog that you are
dominant, that leaves him dominant.  Of course no one is teaching that you
don't need to dominate a dominant dog.  It would be absurd to think so.
That is what I said albeit too subtly by far, apparently.

Lawrence