[lit-ideas] Bush taking apart SS

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:02:34 -0400

Brian: I only wish Bush truly would take apart Social Security.  All of
it. It is a relic of Big Government and has no place in a free society.

Eric: Please tell me you're joking. Or that you have overlooked that
part of the preamble to the Constitution that expects government to
"promote the general welfare." Or that you envision a better alternative
to SS, and don't intend to support a policy that might cause hundreds of
thousands of old people to die of penury and leave their rotting corpses
fester in the streets.

Do you really support massive social cruelty in the name of a specious
and undefined concept like "freedom," or are you trying to be
provocative? Please tell me where you are coming from with this statement.

Best,
Eric