[lit-ideas] Re: Bush taking apart SS

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:47:53 -0400

Brian, your posts are based on guesswork.  Your facts are nonexistent.
Social Security is not in crisis and has never been in crisis.  You most
likely don't know that in 1985 Bush said SS would be bankrupt by 1989.
The 401k is a myth, invented by a business climate that didn't want to
offer retirement benefits.  You talk about logical fallacies, how about we
forget the logic and get our facts straight.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/17771

Andy Amago