[lit-ideas] Re: Bush taking apart SS

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:29:36 -0500

Andy,

Let's review:

You said "Wow, do you have your facts screwed up.  The ultra rich pay
no taxes or next to no taxes at all, let alone 80%.  The middle class
shoulders the entire tax burden of this country.  Kindly supply
sources for your 20/80 figures."

To which I replied with the Congressional Budget Office numbers
showing exactly what I claimed.  You responded that they were raw
(but not inaccurate) and suggested I read a book.  How that would
refute the facts is still unclear.  You can easily locate both
effective tax rates and IRS income stats (http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/
pub/irs-soi/01in01ts.xls) that make a mockery of your claims.

You then told me "your posts are based on guesswork.  Your facts are
nonexistent" even though I posted facts that you never refuted.  You
then put words in my mouth about SS being in "crisis" and suggested
we "forget the logic."  Pesky stuff that logic.

When I asked you about the charge that my posts are filled with
misinformation you stated "That China is a slave labor economy.
You're kidding, right?"  I then pointed you to more facts concerning
Chinese slave labor and you responded with a rambling post about
China instead of an apology and some humility.

To say I haven't supplied facts is a willful lie so I'll now leave
you to your delusional and angry worldview.

If I thought your welcome was sincere I would thank you, but I don't,
so I won't.

Sincerely,
Brian