[lit-ideas] How to Force the Rich to be Patriotic

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:16:16 -0400

Brian: These 20% ultra rich you  speak of are already paying 80% of the
taxes, do you favor something  more confiscator[y]?.

Eric: Don't know about Andy, but I favor a discussion of ways to make it
unprofitable for corporations to outsource high-tech and science jobs to
other countries.

For example, by way of promoting discussion:

(a)Massive penalties for corporate offshoring and outsourcing
       COMBINED WITH
(b)Seizure of properties of corporations that try to relocate to other
countries, i.e., flee the scene of (a) regulations.

Loss of our science and high-tech base is a national security issue and
should be treated as such. Corporate "global thinking" has meant that
the US loses; we cease to be a country and merely serve as a labor pool.

Central planning's bête noire to you? It seems to have worked well in
establishing China's rising economic prospects.