[lit-ideas] Re: How to Force the Rich to be Patriotic

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:56:25 -0500

> I think you have been away far too long.  <g>
What does that mean?

> I still wonder how the libertarians are okay with a larger
> deficit,  though.
> Maybe you can explain this to me?

I really don't know.  I'm a little "l" libertarian, not a card
carrying member.

> What you say about the whole higher wage jobs being imported to the
> United
> States strikes me as someone who is a bit out-of-touch with the
> trend-tracking
> and actual happenings (he is talking about the United States?   Not
> India or
> China?)

How so?  He is talking about actual happenings.

> I have read of and know of some members of the security industry
> who are a
> bit concerned with all our financial data being sent overseas.

This is a concern I share with them.  I'm in the high-tech sector
myself and tangentially tied to computer and information security.

> Oh, and curious--you won't have a problem with the elderly being
> out on the
> streets in about two years?   You'll be able to step around them
> just  fine?
> You have no care for the Other?

I won't have a problem with it because it isn't going to happen.
That is like asking me if I'm ready for the Martian invasion.

Brian