[lit-ideas] Re: Brigette Gabriel again supporting Israel

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 00:09:21 EDT

What percentage of Arabs are not Muslim?

Anyone havea guess atthe %?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Brigette Gabriel
again supporting Israel  Date: 8/1/06 1:09:35 PM Central Daylight Time  From:
_judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
(re-post)

SS>Brigette Gabriel's  interview [below] points to the
SS>fact that Arabs have behaved  identically with
SS>Christians in Lebanon. Why? They're not  Arabs.
SS>That's why. Period

"Arabs".   Not "Muslims",  "Arabs".  Yet surely Gabriel
really means -- as she says later --  "Militant Islamic
fundamentalist(s)"? Perhaps she thinks there's  no
difference.  That's worrying.

I mentioned what she said about  1975.  I'll quote it:

GB>When the Moslems and Palestinians  declared Jihad on
GB> the Christians in 1975 we didn't even know  what
GB>that word meant. We had taken them into our
country,  GB>allowed them to study side by side with
us, in our GB>schools and  GB>universities. We gave
them jobs, GB>shared with them our way of  life.

note "taken them into our country".  Lebanon was not,
was  it, a country that belonged to the Maronite
Christians?  (It  wasn't.)

The following is from aljazeerah.  It accords with
other  accounts I've seen:

>Lebanese Civil War:
> In Dec. 1975, a group  of Falangists (Phalangists)
> killed about 200 Muslims in a reprisal  attack for
the
> deaths of four of their own men. That is  generally
> seen as the event that sparked the civil war.

Judy  Evans, Cardiff