[lit-ideas] Re: Brigette Gabriel again supporting Israel

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:44:21 -0400

Omar writes:
"Like the other Zionists, you never tire of whimpering
about those bad people who wish to 'destroy Israel,'
yet you are here bluntly demanding that a large
popular organization with an impressive record of
social services and resistance to occupation be
destroyed. To this end, you are prepared to endorse
large-scale killing of civilians and destruction of a
country. That is a militant and war-mongering
position, Stan. I suggest that you don't even bother
to try to pretend that you are some kind of liberal or
moderate again. You have shown your true face once and
for all in this in discussion, and it's not a pretty
face."

Wimpering I'm not. Raging is closer to a description of how I feel. Hezbollah's "impressive record of social services" is what's makes them such a wonderful Trojan Horse. They were able to hide behind "good works" to make people believe they were concerned about them. Their unprovoked attack of Israel -- exactly on the day the EU had set for Iran to respond to its nuclear proposal -- identifies them clearly as an enemy of Lebanon.

Hezbollah is a sleeper cell in Lebanon like Al Quada was( or is) in America, ready to go when programmed to. The Lebanese who support Hezbollah still aren't aware that Hezbollah doesn't support Lebanon.

Hezbollah must be destroyed. A sustainable cease-fire will never take place. Israel deserves better than to have someone next door always waiting and ready to invade and kill them. I couldn't sleep if I had a neighbor like that. Neither could you, Omar.

Like al Quada, Hezbollah will never be satisfied until they achieve their deadly goals. I'm not ready to let them. How can you -- an intelligent person -- be so swayed by Hezbollah's good works as to overlook their real goals: the annihilation of Israel?

Stan Spiegel
Portland, ME

----- Original Message ----- From: "Omar Kusturica" <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
Open her website and read all the pages. You won't agree with Helen's assessment. Hezbollah's behavior is reason for it all. A cease-fire, in my opinion will do nothing but give Hezbollah more breathing room, not bring about any resolution. Hezbollah is a cancer and needs to be destroyed.

*Your memory appears to be rather short and selective, Stan. As I remember, we have spent years now on this list discussing various conflict in the ME while hardly ever mentioning the Hezbollah. Suddenly the Hezbollah is the source of all evil ?

Like the other Zionists, you never tire of whimpering
about those bad people who wish to 'destroy Israel,'
yet you are here bluntly demanding that a large
popular organization with an impressive record of
social services and resistance to occupation be
destroyed. To this end, you are prepared to endorse
large-scale killing of civilians and destruction of a
country. That is a militant and war-mongering
position, Stan. I suggest that you don't even bother
to try to pretend that you are some kind of liberal or
moderate again. You have shown your true face once and
for all in this in discussion, and it's not a pretty
face.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com