[lit-ideas] Re: Brigette Gabriel again supporting Israel

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:23:35 +0100

I link to an interview with Brigitte Gabriel, who is, of course, a Maronite
Christian. I suggest people who read it check the history of the
phalangists in Lebanon and relate that to the date she gives (1975).

In the eighties I knew a Lebanese Christian studying here among whose
main friends in the UK were non-British Muslims, in particular, one
from Syria. She decided to return to the Lebanon -- because her
family was there -- despite the belief that conditions there were about
to worsen.  They did.  Her family were killed.  There's much secrecy
about exactly what happened next but basically, she was located,
helped out of the country, and brought to safety in Syria.

Here's Brigitte Gabriel:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=19016

Judy Evans, Cardiff