[JA] Re: Juno 5 address search engine

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:21:14 PDT

}Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:39:22 -0500
}Subject: [JA] Juno 5 address search engine
}From: "Robert M. Cosby"

}I just had a disturbing event:  I tried to search my address book for a
}known email address, and because my search entry was not case
}capitalized, it could not locate it.  Is this not dumb?  This is the
}reason that Juno clutters up my address book with case (capitalization)
}variations of all existing email addresses.  I need it to save all new
}addresses, but case, of course, does not matter for email addresses
}anymore.

        Is addrbook.nv not basicaly the same format in all versions of
juno?  Notepad, or if to large then Wordpad, should be able to do a case
insensitive search.

}I surely wish Juno 5 had not removed our ability to put all necessary
}email addresses into the Send to box at one time.  At least then it
would
}sort them so that duplicates would not go out, and the whole batch could
}be pasted into another email service.  Now, with the 50 limit, it
creates
}an extra chore for those of us with large personal email address lists.

        I think this is an anti-spam measure.

}So far, nobody has responded to my request for information on locating
}and opening old, large email folders.  If we cannot even identify the 17
}files in our User folder, we haven't even begun to solve our Juno
}problems.

        For Juno v.1, I can ID them all.  I can try for later versions,
given a list.

        If you can open the folder in its version of juno, then it can be
transferred to other versions.  For transfer to OLDER versions, see
mime2frm.doc.  That is what mime2frm.com was created for!

        Some have had some success openning old juno 4 and 5 message
folders with wordpad or word.
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---