[JA] Re: Juno 5 address search engine

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:38:55 PDT

}Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:43:03 -0700
}Subject: [JA] Re: Juno 5 address search engine
}From: George H Lunt
}
}Probably because we don't all necessarily have 17 files in our User
}directories.  The files are NOT the same in versions 4 and 5...  so
maybe
}you could let us know which version your '17 files' are in and then list
}the files you're interested in learning more about.  By the way, many
}(but not all) of the User directory files are text files and you can
open
}them in a word processor or text editor by simply changing the file
}extensions to .txt.  Write down the original extension, so you can
change
}them back after nosing around in them.
}

        Hint: Put a link to NotePad in your SendTo list, then reverse
(right) click the file and "Send To > NotePad".  If it is too big, you
will be prompted to allow the use of wordpad instead.  Then you do NOT
need to mess with the files extension!

        To put the link in the SendTo:

1: Start >> Run

2: Type: SendTo
2.1: Press an Enter key

3: My Computer >> C: >> Program Files >>

4: Reverse (Right) drag NotePad.EXE to the SendTo window

5: select "Create Shortcut"

6: Close those windows.

        Yes, even YOU can do that one!

Note: In some versions of windows, you can reverse (right) drag notepad
directly from the Start menus, and select Copy.  This replaces steps 3,
4, and 5 above, and minimizes step 6.
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---