[JA] Juno 5 address search engine

  • From: "Robert M. Cosby" <jvpoa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:39:22 -0500

I just had a disturbing event:  I tried to search my address book for a
known email address, and because my search entry was not case
capitalized, it could not locate it.  Is this not dumb?  This is the
reason that Juno clutters up my address book with case (capitalization)
variations of all existing email addresses.  I need it to save all new
addresses, but case, of course, does not matter for email addresses
anymore.

I surely wish Juno 5 had not removed our ability to put all necessary
email addresses into the Send to box at one time.  At least then it would
sort them so that duplicates would not go out, and the whole batch could
be pasted into another email service.  Now, with the 50 limit, it creates
an extra chore for those of us with large personal email address lists.

So far, nobody has responded to my request for information on locating
and opening old, large email folders.  If we cannot even identify the 17
files in our User folder, we haven't even begun to solve our Juno
problems.

Bob Cosby, M. D.
3508 Cheshire Drive
Birmingham, AL  35242-3100