[JA] E-mail was meant to be free

  • From: Carolyn Stoffel <carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:06:17 EDT

George -

 but how many will if they >have >to pay $9.95 a month for their e-mail?

------

Throw in another figure here. As I recall, only 6% of subscribers still
use version 1.x. Could it be that a vast majority of the "free email"
users .are. 1.x? A version Juno no longer supports. A version that the
merger with NetZero could totally wipe out?

Then, why should I pay $9.95 a month for what would amount to partial
service - email only - when full Web access is the same price? In my
case, the $9.95 is chicken feed compared to the cost of a new computer.

 And I also think Juno has >irritated >the heck out of many and I don't
think they'll respond well to the
>"pay >up or get the heck out" message coming down the road.

 And while you could make an argument for not switching
>horses in mid-stream, I think there will be plenty of Juno surfers
>willing to brave the icy waters...  unless they can "fallback" to just
>free e-mail.

-------

Do you really think they'll bother to warn people?

Carolyn Stoffel
Rakena Basenjis - Puppup and Cotton
The Canine Contingent; The Puppuppies - Pendant, Insula, Mosey
Phoenix, Arizona
carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx (No Internet access)
http://rakena.freeyellow.com/index.html