[JA] E-mail was meant to be free

  • From: Carolyn Stoffel <carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:28:58 EDT

Jim -

 I guess >my >main remaining hope is that we few million users of Juno
free mail >will >get an official "Pay or leave" threat, months before the
axe falls.

------

One hopes so, but I'm not optimistic.

>Probably most of us have no other mail accounts.

-----

I certainly don't.

>What surprises me is that those who are cut off this summer usually >are
>not told they can get more Web time by paying.  They are merely
>disconnected after a minute online, and left to assume Juno is broken.
>
>Madness to drive away potential paying customers in ignorance, so they
>end up paying AOL.

------

I doubt anyone here disagrees with that.

In some senses, I look upon both email and Web access as shareware. Try
before you buy. If it doesn't work for you, don't buy.

Carolyn Stoffel
Rakena Basenjis - Puppup and Cotton
The Canine Contingent; The Puppuppies - Pendant, Insula, Mosey
Phoenix, Arizona
carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx (No Internet access)
http://rakena.freeyellow.com/index.html