[JA] E-mail was meant to be free

  • From: Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:27:15 -0400

> Subject: [JA] Re: juno webmail
> From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx

> There better be life in Juno, if they expect 2.6 million of us
> [or whatever] to pay $10/month for the service by year end.

I don't suppose there's any definitive word yet on whether the end of
Juno free Internet access means also the end of Juno direct access free
E-mail, on my various old computers running versions 1.49, 4 and 5, or by
Web.

Whatever the method of providing it, E-mail costs them a trifle, and may
even be making a small profit,  in contrast to free Web access which has
little prospect of doing anything but burn more of their money.  I hope
my mail will not be cut off.  Or perhaps more precisely, I wish.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org