[jhb] Re: Alternate to Fraps (worth a look)

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 03:16:15 +0000

Just done a quick flight

X-mouse uses the scroll to zoom.
and NSEW for Pan / Tilt

best wishes

Kev

At 14:28 04/01/2011, you wrote:

I've never used fraps, but this looks pretty good Paul especially for shockwave.

The Clipgate circuit is also a showcase for Gerry, great surrounding 3D scenery.

It looks like you are switching views by key press or hat Paul. Is this the case?
One of my essential add-ons is X-mouse from highrez, I lost it for a while when I transferred the PMDG JS41 over to the other machine.
It was supplied with a Logitech cordless mouse., which has 9 buttons and 2 scroll wheels.
Delighted to get it back now having worked out the problems with mouse software.
X-mouse allows you to click the centre button (or scroll wheel) to turn it on, mouse forward and backward zooms and side to side pans the views, then centre click off.
Indispensable particularly in Virtual Cockpit 3D mode.

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Happy New Year all.

Kev

At 07:02 04/01/2011, you wrote:
Installed this on my PC and created a video of me doing a circuit at Gerry's Clipgate farm in FSX.

The original video was some 600Mb in size but I've conveted it to SWF format at posted it on my site.

OK so there's some loss of quality in the conversion but it's still reasonable given the new file is a mere 24mb

see http://pwr-hull.org.uk/html/clipgate.html

Paul