[jhb] Re: Alternate to Fraps (worth a look)

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:28:32 +0000

Hi Paul,

Very nice too.

I was a bit thrown, at first, by the absence of runway markers. Until I remembered they are all in as individual files. Where the FSX GenX scenery makes the actual strip stand out so much more clearly then removing them, as you've done, makes it more realistic.

I now have another job I didn't anticipate. Although Treescapes is a brilliant addition, I've spotted a few farms where it hasn't picked up small clumps of trees, Sod's Law ensures they are important, so I'll have to insert them on top of the Treescapes trees.

Gerry Winskill

On 06/01/2011 18:13, Paul Reynolds wrote:
I've been playing again and have created a second video.

This time it's a circuit at Eggesford farm.  The video is a little easier on
the eye this time as I output the recording from four different viewpoints
then used editing software to create the fina video.  Just for completeness,
I also added some mood music.

http://pwr-hull.org.uk/html/eggesford.html

There is one thing noticable on the rendered result, the prop disappears
against the clouds at times.  You'll see what I mean when you watch it.

Paul