[jhb] Re: Alternate to Fraps (worth a look)

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:56:27 -0000

I see it fine on YouTube so it is puzzling why your own page didn't work.
Possibly a firewall issue.

Nice video. I see what you mean when you say the prop disappears behind some
cloud layers but, oddly not all of them. The only thing I didn't like was
the big, dark prop disc seen in the cockpit view. This is far too intrusive
and the texture needs to be either more grey or more transparent. If prop
discs looked like that in real life we'd all be suffering epileptic fits!

A prop disc is almost invisible to a pilot but they are very obvious when
captured on video and I suspect FS tries to emulate the latter as that is
what viewers are used to seeing (TV, films etc).