[jhb] Re: Alternate to Fraps (worth a look)

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:35:46 +0000

Paul,

Initially my FSX farms, plus the FS9 converted to FSX, used individually place conventional object trees. These had quite a framerate hit so, eventually, I removed the trees and replaced them with AG trees. That worked fine.

Then along came Treescapes; greatly increasing the realism of UK in general. Initial checks showed that the Treescape trees reasonably replaced the AG that I'd positioned. Checking a few more out, last week, I found a few farms where strategically important individual trees are missing. I'll need to go back and add them to the existing Treescapes veggies.

 Anyone not using Treescapes won't be affected by this.

Gerry Winskill

On 07/01/2011 16:21, Paul Reynolds wrote:
I can confirm using treescapes.  I don't recall what I did to remove the
runway markers but it definitely improves realism.  The missing tree clumps
may be a related issue with my scenery, until getting the Earthsim trees I
rarely used FSX but remember there was initially a problem with the
conversion to FSX and using the FS9 trees.  I know at some point I removed
some tree related files so before you tinker Gerry, we need to confirm which
files Ihave, which there should be and which I'm missing from yours.

Paul