Re: [icon-users] CTRL-C, CTRL-V annoyance

  • From: Matthew Phillips <spam2011m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Icon Users Group <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:29:08 +0100

In message <527dd6286alists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 9 Apr 2012 Chris Bell (Lists) wrote:

> > "Chris Bell (Lists)" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Ctrl-V into a Zap HoTMeaL document pastes the text plus a whole
> >> load of unwanted HTML code.  (This happens when the selected text
> >> was formatted in some way or another - eg a heading.)  Is there
> >> any way to stop this happening?
>
> Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Surely this is the cut and paste working correctly. When pasting into
> > an html editor, it requests it preferably as html, or else text.
> > EW/TW understands html so provides it as html as requested.
>
> Thanks.  I just wish I could over-ride this!

The correct place for this to be tackled is at the Zap end, as the clipboard
owning application cannot easily declare different lists of filetypes
available to different applications.  EasiWriter is definitely working
correctly in this respect.

You could try switching mode to Text in Zap, paste, and switch back to HTML
mode, which would probably have the same effect as pasting via a text
document.  You may even be able to redefine Ctrl-V (when in HTML mode) to do
all three operations for you.

--
Matthew Phillips
Durham