Re: [icon-users] CTRL-C, CTRL-V annoyance

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Icon Users Group <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:27:14 +0100

> Selecting some text in an EasiWriter document and then CTRL-C saves
> it to the clipboard but pasting into another part of the document always
> pastes onto a new line.

When you say pastes onto a new line, I assume you mean it pastes it as a
separate paragraph, not that it inserts a line-break character [0D].

I suspect that you haven't selected 'some text', you have selected 'a
paragraph'.

In that case, when you try to paste the paragraph into the middle of
another paragraph, you present EW with a problem, since a paragraph is a
structure that can't have another paragraph embeddedwithin it.  EW guesses
that what you wanted to do was to split the recipient paragraph in two and
past the donor paragraph between the two parts.

To see whether this is what you are doing, when you select 'the text' look
at the structure indicator in the title bar to see whether it say 'Text
selection' or 'Paragraph'.

If you want to select all of the text in a paragraph, rather than the
paragraph itself, drag the cursor through it, rather than triple clicking.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk