Re: [icon-users] CTRL-C, CTRL-V annoyance

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Icon Users Group <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:30:53 +0100

Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Surely this is the cut and paste working correctly. When pasting into
> an html editor, it requests it preferably as html, or else text.
> EW/TW understands html so provides it as html as requested.

Thanks.  I just wish I could over-ride this!

Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would appear that the key is the list of filetypes. Most
> application developers would be expected to put the "richest"
> filetype earliest in the list, so that as much information as
> possible is preserved in the paste operation. That seems to be what
> happens here.

> I don't know why it has changed from taking the "text" type to
> native, but I suspect a change in EW/TW itself. (Just to confirm,
> you are copying from a Word document open in EW, and pasting into
> another document open in EW? In that situation EW negotiates with
> itself the type to use, and will match the first in the list.)

I receive M$ Word docs, open them in TW, and copy/paste into Zap HTML
pages.

It looks as if EW/TW/RISCOS is trying to be too clever, and there's no
way to use a simple Ctrl-C in TW to copy just the text.  I'll continue
to use my workaround of pasting via a Zap text doc.

Thanks,
Chris.